Recently Micah (my 5 month old son) has been having sleep problems. I would nurse him and he would fall asleep so peacefully. As long as I held him, he would sleep for about 1.5 hours. If I tried to put him down, he would wake up immediately. My facebook friends suggested I try the E.A.S.Y. schedule. Eat, Activity, Sleep, Yourself. It was dodgy at first, but now (with a little tweaks) he is doing very well and takes 4 naps every day.
I also tried the following: laying him on his stomach to sleep, a crib mattress pad to make the bed softer, a heating pad in the bed just before I put him down (I remove it and make sure the surface isn't too hot) and a paci. I still play soft music and read to him about 10 minutes before I put him down and the sleep sheep while he's sleeping. Thanks for the advice, all you LM's!
No comments:
Post a Comment